শনিবার, ২৪ জুলাই ২০২১
শনিবার, ৯ই শ্রাবণ ১৪২৮
সর্বশেষ
 
 
All Indian soldiers involved in Ladakh clash with Chinese military accounted for: Army officials
প্রকাশ: ০৯:১৭ pm ১৮-০৬-২০২০ হালনাগাদ: ০৯:১৭ pm ১৮-০৬-২০২০
 
eibela desk
 
 
 
 


The Army officials on Thursday said all the Indian soldiers who were involved in a deadly clash with the Chinese military at Galwan Valley in eastern Ladakh on Jun 15 night have now been accounted for, media reports said.

The clarification came amid the reports claiming several Indian soldiers are still in the custody of the Chinese Army.

More than four decades after the last fatality occurred during a conflict at the India-China border, at least 20 Indian personnel were killed in a conflict with the Chinese military in Galwan Valley, which is close to Aksai Chin, an area that is controlled by China but claimed by both the countries.

Modi said the sacrifice of the Indian soldiers during the clash with Chinese troops at Galwan Valley would not go in vain, reminding the airstrike which was conducted by the Indian Army after at least  40 soldiers were killed in Pulwama last year by Pakistan-based militant organisation Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM).

Later India's External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar spoke to his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi over the phone and said Chinese side took 'premeditated and planned action' that was directly responsible for the resulting violence and casualties.

"EAM conveyed the protest of the Government of India in the strongest terms on the violent face-off in Galwan Valley on 15 June 2020," the statement said.

JS/

 
 
 
   
  Print  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
আরও খবর

 
 
 

 

E-mail: info.eibela@gmail.com

a concern of Eibela Ltd.

Request Mobile Site

Copyright © 2021 Eibela.Com
Developed by: coder71